Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Month 1


Mommy:
Seven months of trying sure seems like an eternity so... taking a pregnancy test was like any other month... I was for sure I would take it and it would tell me once again negative. This month however was different. I took a test and it was positive! After 4 pregnancy tests and a blood test to determine I really was pregnant, I started to believe maybe I really am pregnant. Thank you, Lord!!!! Even if my mind couldn't believe the blessing that was forming inside of me, my body surely knew. Sleep, pee, sleep, eat saltines, sleep, chicken noodle soup, sleep, pee, pee some more. Nausea seemed to consume me.... surely this will pass soon.

Daddy:
Seven months of trying sure seemed fun! But seriously, finding out that we finally made something was and is incredible! Initial thoughts: I'm fired up and extremely excited. I can't believe that we get to have a child! I can't believe that we can create a new human being! There is also the responsible side of me that knows what this means... the responsible side of me knows what kind of responsibility this entails. Understanding the responsibility and the committment is something that pales at this moment to the excitement of a new baby! We'll get there and this baby will be fine. I have 9 months to prepare myself, my economic situation, my house, my brain and my psychie for my new sweet baby. I'm fired up! I just wish I could do something to make my wife not feel so sick all the time!

No comments: