Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Month 2


Mommy:
Ok so maybe the nausea likes to stick around for awhile. Sleep, sleep, pee, pee some more... that's not asking too much is it? Thank goodness I'm not having to board planes, trains and automobiles. What a blessing... He sure has good timing even when we don't understand it. I went to my regular gynecologist appt bc it just so happened I had my annual scheduled anyway. Once she sees me and confirms again I'm pregnant maybe it really will soak in. Again, it's just so hard to believe this is really happening. I went and it just so happened the ultrasound tech was working late and it just so happened according to how they calculate weeks that I was right at 6 weeks and they could do the ultrasound. Low and behold there was a cute little sac forming and a little faint heartbeat. Ok, so I really am pregnant!!!! I get to go back at 8 weeks bc that is when the OB will finally see me. They want you to wait 8 weeks before you come in. I sure am lucky to have seen what I did at 6 weeks... guess somebody knew I needed the confirmation for my sanity. So, eat a little, sleep, pee, try not to throw up, eat a little, sleep, sleep and sleep some more. Maybe the nausea will go away soon?

Daddy:
Teshia brought home a picture of our new baby... a very unexpected early ultrasound. Granted, our new child looks like a paisley... but still... we did that! The second month has been a hard one for Teshia. She feels terrible all the time. She's nauseous and has headaches and has a hard time with her digestive track... all of it! At this point, the books are telling me that she has a grapefruit sized uterus (I think it's the uterus). Anyway, I'm positive that is the source of her constant burping. Ellie is still looking very tired ... but is fired up to have a new brother or sister running around. I can't wait. My wife, for the record, is absolutely amazing. She feels terrible and yet she is still keeping everything in check and is looking great. She is awesome! By the way, she seems to be preparing for breast feeding quite well!!! I'm happy to see this "developing" so nicely! Interestly, her belly actually seems to have become smaller?

No comments: